Mobility Transportation with a Purpose
The MV-1 is created with the sole purpose of supporting the mobility community and designed from the ground up based on input received from wheelchair users and service providers. It is the only original equipment manufacturer vehicle that meets ADA guidelines.
The MV-1 is the vehicle that wheelchair users have been waiting for.
- Integrated deployable ramp with a short or long form option
- Extra wide 36" x 56" access door that exceeds ADA guidelines and allows for easy entry
- Best-in-class interior room seating 6 occupants, with optional jump-seat
- Wheelchair passenger can ride shotgun, creating a new riding experience
Built like a truck, yet rides like a car.
A body-on-frame design provides the ultimate driving experience. With fully boxed and tubed cross-members that provide additional frame stiffness and durability, the MV-1 features a Front Short Long Arm suspension for tight turning and rack and pinion steering, de Dion rear suspension with steel-leaf springs and air shocks and a Ford 4.6 V8 engine, one of the highest volume engines ever made.
With the MV-1, it's easy being green.
The MV-1 is the only vehicle in its class with an available OEM engineered and assembled Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) fueling system option. With a 290 mile range and 29.1 square ft cargo volume space, it's ideal for fleet operations.
The MV-1 is the safest decision you'll ever make.
For your protection, safety features are integrated throughout the MV-1, starting with the anti-slip surface that covers the ramp and interior floor to give wheelchairs and scooters increased grip. While on the road, the MV-1 has Electronic Stability Control (ESC) to keep your ride steady. With passive and active safety features, it offers unprecedented peace of mind for mobility vehicle passengers and drivers. The MV-1 meets all applicable U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) and Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (CMVSS).
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and Traction Control reduce the chances of spinout or rollover.
- 1:6 or 1:4 ramp slope (power ramp) for ease of wheelchair and scooter entry and exit.
- Anti-slip surface on the floor and ramp.
- Four-wheel, power-assisted, anti-lock disc brakes (ABS).
- Unique side-entry ramp system that allows passengers to enter and exit away from street traffic.
- Integrated ramp system does not impede interior space or put passenger safety at risk.
- Multiple grab handles provide additional support and stability for all passengers.
- 10 universal floor tracks to secure wheelchairs and scooters.
- Flexible seatbelt location for wheelchairs and scooters.
- Fully boxed frame with high-strength steel, reinforced front and rear bumpers and steel side-impact beams.
- Floor-to-ceiling height of nearly 5 feet to provide ample headroom.
- Driver's side airbag and collapsible steering column to maximize driver protection.
- All-season tires.
- Daytime running lights.
- Tire-pressure monitoring system.
- Passive anti-theft system.
- Electronic cutoff switch to prevent driver from operating vehicle while ramp is deployed, and to prevent unintentional deployment while vehicle is in operation.
- The power ramp is equipped with a manual override if necessary.
As in all great designs, the proof is in the details.
|Curb Weight – Gasoline
|Curb Weight – CNG
|Cargo Volume Index – Gasoline
|Cargo Volume Index – CNG
||Access Door Opening Usable Width
||Access Door Opening Usable Height
||Interior Height at Rear Wheelchair Position
||Interior Height at Front Wheelchair Position
||Overall Interior Floor Length
||Interior Width at B-Pillars
||Vehicle Ground Clearance (minimum)
||Ramp Extension – Short Deployment
||Ramp Extension – Long Deployment
||Usable Ramp Width
||Ramp Angle – Short (manual)
||Ramp Angle – Short Deployment (power)
||Ramp Angle – Long Deployment (power)
With the MV-1, we've got you covered.
- Bumper to Bumper – 3 years / 36,000 miles
- Powertrain – 5 years / 75,000 miles
- Ramp – 5 years / 75,000 miles
- Corrosion Protection – 5 years / 100,000 miles
Customize the MV-1 to fit your needs.
While the MV-1 is produced with mobility in mind, it was developed for passengers who use mobility aids, not the driver. However, VPG has reached out to several specialty equipment installers to have any necessary equipment installed to suit the needs of each individual. These options can be discussed with your MV-1 Dealer or your local mobility specialist. VPG supports special applications by publishing the MV-1 Special Applications Reference Guide. This guide will assist installers with a wealth of technical information, such as wiring schematics, harness routing and locations, technical measurements and weights and balances.
Examples of personalized solutions
Warranty maintained in most cases (subject to T&Cs)
- Hand controls on steering wheels
- Transfer seat bases
- Easy Lock specialty locking systems
Emissions and Diagnostics
Get testing equipment specifically created for the MV-1.
VPG Diagnostics Information: MV-1 Emissions and On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) Code Chart
VPG uses proprietary diagnostic software for vehicle communications and diagnostics. The VPG Diagnostics Unit (VPGDU) is available for public sale by contacting VPG and placing an order (please see contact information below). To operate the VPGDU with VPG Vehicles, it requires a Vehicle Communication Interface (VCI), which includes the necessary cabling and Wi-Fi capability. This can be ordered using the contact information below. Below is the price to purchase the VPGDU System.
|VPGDU Software Annual License
|VPG Vehicle Communication Interface (VCI)
VPG Service and Repair Manuals are licensed and delivered electronically via the VPG Service Information system (VPGSI). VPG has made the licenses available to the public for terms of 3-day, 30-day or 365-day usage. The license fees are below:
|3-Day Access License
|30-Day Access License
|365-Day Access License
VPGSI – Provides Licensed User Access to VPG Technical Information for use on MV-1 Vehicles. This includes: Service Manual, Parts Catalog, Electrical Schematics, Diagnostic Trouble Code Troubleshooting and Technical Service Bulletins.
The Vehicle Production Group LLC
For VPGDU or VPGSI ordering information, please contact the VPG Technical Services Department at email@example.com to place an order. A representative will contact you promptly.
For a complete list of VPG MV-1 Diagnostic Trouble Codes including Emissions System OBD Data Codes, please click here.