Total Mobility, Built from the Ground Up
The MV-1 is the direct result of six years of research and development and uniquely designed to meet or exceed Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines. VPG is privately held, well-funded and assembles every MV-1 in America.
Made in America
The MV-1 is factory-built in Mishawaka, Indiana.
- Assembled at AM General’s former Hummer 2 plant
- State-of-the-art facility
- Impeccable quality
- Union run operation
- Proud craftsmanship
Aftermarket is an Afterthought
We found a better way: purpose-built straight from the factory.
We worked directly with members of the community and fleet operators to design a car that offers universal mobility for all passengers, including wheelchair riders. Unlike a converted van where the frame is literally cut to install a lift or a ramp, the MV-1 was designed from the ground up, purpose built to support the broadest range of users. The car is produced and delivered direct from the factory, with no added costs.
Extensive Market Research
You helped us build the perfect wheelchair-accessible vehicle.
- Research drove inspiration and design
- Interviews in 50 markets across the United States
- One-on-one meetings with customers and operators
- Designed and purpose-built from research
- Numerous prototype vehicles created and tested
- Culminating in the final design of the MV-1
Factory Direct To Consumer
From the moment it rolls off the line, the MV-1 meets and exceeds expectations.
- No conversion process, no diminished structural integrity
- Cost typically 35%-55% less than a newly converted vehicle
- Full manufacturer's warranty
- Meets or exceeds ADA guidelines
- White Glove customer service
Getting in and out of the MV-1 is a breeze.
Featuring a side-deployable ramp integrated into the floor, the MV-1 is offered in a power or manual version. The power ramp offers long (1:6 slope) or short ramp (1:4 slope) settings, and both the ramp and entry way (36" x 56") exceed ADA guidelines.
Proprietary Chassis Design
Structural integrity never looked so good.
CNG Fuel Option
The MV-1 is better for you – and the environment.
- Only vehicle in its class that offers OEM engineered compressed natural gas (CNG) fueling option
- Comes factory installed
- 290+ mile range is ideal for fleet operations
- CNG is typically 45%-60% less expensive than gas, depending on location
Best-in-Class Cargo Capacity
Need room? The MV-1 has plenty.
The MV-1 features a cavernous luggage storage area of 36.4 cubic ft cargo volume on our gas version and 29.1 cubic ft cargo volume on our CNG version.